Georgiana R. Scott has practiced family law since 1994 and has over 38 years of experience in law. For 14 years prior to attending law school, Georgiana worked as a paralegal and legal secretary, allowing her to become familiar with every aspect of the legal system.
Georgiana began her collaborative training in 2004. As collaborative counsel, her role is to assist spouses dissolve their marriages with dignity and respect and without litigation.
- Boulder County Legal Services, providing legal services to indigent Boulder county residents (1995-2010)
- Board of Directors of Access Counseling, non-profit providing mental health services to indigent residents of Boulder County, Colorado (2002-2006)
- Board of Directors of the Institute of Taoist Education and Acupuncture (1996-2000).
- Marketing Director for Thistle Community Housing, Boulder County’s largest provider of low-income housing (1998-1999)
- Board of Directors for Creative Mountain, Inc., a Colorado non-profit corporation providing support to at-risk children (1995-1999).
- Victim’s Advocate for the Boulder County Safehouse
- Developed weekly legal clinic for battered women at the Longmont Coalition for Women in Crisis (1988-1989)
- Colorado Bar Association – Family Law Section
- Boulder County Bar Association – past Co-Chair of the Family Law Section
- Boulder Interdisciplinary Committee
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Boulder County- Charter Member
- Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Bachelor of Arts, Environmental Conservation, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, University of Colorado Boulder 1985
- Juris Doctor, University of Colorado Boulder 1990
- Real Estate Broker’s License: 2008
- Mediation training – 40 Hours – 2010
- Non-Adversarial Communication Workshop: 2005
- Advanced Collaborative Law training: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
- Level I Collaborative Law training: 2004
- Licensed in the State of Colorado and United States District of Colorado